At Underdog’s Triumph we believe in building a strong, reliable, long lasting relationship with your dog. We promote positive and force-free methods of science backed training. We utilize either a clicker or vocal marker to capture wanted behavior to reinforce the desired behaviors and devalue the unwanted ones. Additionally, our training will include information about basic psychology, learning theory and understanding of dog’s body language and movements to deepen communication between human and canine.
We offer a wide range of in-your-home behavioral consultations and training sessions for the Ames/Boone and surrounding areas. The fees from these sessions are donations to the Underdog’s Triumph non-profit organization and will go towards helping other lost, abandoned, abused or neglected canines in the area. Contact us to schedule either of these two training options below!
Above all else we want training to be a fun enjoyable experience for both the human(s) and the canine(s). We want you to look forward to training and feel proud of your dog (and yourself) when out in public, at a friends or at the park.
To further these goals, we offer custom in-your-home training for those dealing with things like:
- puppy socialization (socialization, potty training, loose leash walking)
- basic obedience (sit, come, stay, loose leash walking, etc)
- improving good manners (nice greetings, waiting until released, boundary training, etc)
- behavioral issues (barking, separation anxiety, house training, aggression, fear, etc)
In Your Home Services for Basic Training:
We do training on your time, at your house, when you’re available. Here we can work on a large array of common “nice” manner behaviors such as waiting to go through doors, walking on a loose leash, not jumping on guests, to basic obedience items such as sit, come, down, and even tricks like wave, jump, shake, and more. Training these basic behaviors builds the bond between you and your dog. And as a bonus, you’ll have a new wonderfully polite member of the family. To schedule a visit, please use the contact form and select “Basic Training” as a reason for contacting. See prices below.
In Your Home Services for Behavioral Issues:
One on one training sessions work best for diagnosing and modifying behavioral issues such as aggression, destructive chewing, house training, separation anxiety, fearful, reactivity to other people/dogs, and more. Behavioral issues are challenging for even the most dedicated owner and they are also the types of behaviors put dogs most at risk for being relinquished to shelters. Thus addressing and modifying these behaviors are a core focus point of our mission. In these sessions we can diagnose the behaviors we are seeing and discuss possible causes and solutions to modifying the undesired behavior. To schedule a visit, please use the contact form and select “Behavioral Consult” as a reason for contacting. See prices below.
What’s included for either the Basic Training or Behavioral Issues Session?
- A pre-visit survey – here you will describe what concerning behaviors you are seeing, what changes you like to see and any other relevant information we might need.
- In home visit – we’ll meet, evaluate your dogs behaviors and discuss training options.
- Personalized training plan – based on the evaluation, we will design a custom training plan that works for you and your dog to help you get the results you want.
- Unlimited email support
Prices & Options
- Consultation & Assessment Session (First Session) – 1.5 hr for $50
- All future sessions – 1 hr for $40
- Package deals:
- 3 Sessions for $100
- Please contact us for pricing if you’d like bulk buy a different number of sessions.